Cody portrait

Cody portrait

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Another transfer is here...not many left

 
Guess who got locked out of their flat? We did. Not because the key was lost or forgotten, but because the lock broke. Elder Smart is on the phone with the Bishop from Swinton who is a locksmith.

Another beautiful sunset in Manchester

The mayhem that are transfers
 
 
Hello!
 
Coming to you a bit late I know, but it has been another day of transfers already. I now have a new companion, as Elder Smart has been released for his last transfer. I am now serving with Elder Hughes, who I may or may not have told you about in the future. He is from Stillwater, OK and came out with me in my group. In fact he was the first missionary that I met in the Atlanta airport. He is now the 5th missionary that I've served with from my group. We have been waiting for this Red River Rivalry to finally happen, and now it has. Manchester now has a little 'Tex-Oma' to deal with. 
 
Now with it being transfers week, many things to do...
 
Some of the people we have been teaching:
 
We have still been teaching Reece from Wythenshawe. He just walked into church one day and has been every since. The gospel has given him great opportunities and also challenges that have helped him to grow. He works with 3 members now, and is doing well with having friends in the YSA. He is excited to get baptised in a couple of weeks. 
 
JJ is another we have been teaching. He is from Kenya and is over here for school and for football. Since day one he has impressed us with his desire to learn. His curiosity about the Book of Mormon started his teaching process, he is doing well.
 
Juan Carlos is a young man from Venezuela! He has investigated the church in Venezuela and has even been to church there a couple of times. I'm getting a little taste of what Dallin will experience in the coming months.   
 
Another is Stella is a YSA from Hyde. She is from Nigeria and referred herself from mormon.org. A friend told her about it, she looked it up, got interested, and referred herself to meet with missionaries.  A member-missionary success story.
 
Yesterday I said goodbye to my good friend Elder Jin. He worked the day with us in Manchester and then we took him to the airport. It is a weird feeling saying goodbye to my ex-companions. I learned a lot from Elder Jin and will always be grateful for him, such a rich experience serving with a native Chinese missionary.
 
Love,
 
Elder Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment