Cody portrait

Cody portrait

Monday, December 6, 2010

Ancestors Link to Manchester

Hello, this is Elder E's father. A few weeks ago, my uncle Paul (my mother's brother) posted some interesting information on my wall about how our ancestors roots run through Manchester, where Cody is serving. Here is what he posted:

J Paul Brenchley Cody is in family genetic territory. Your gr. gr. gr. grandfather Robert Patefield Redford married Lettice in the Manchester Cathedral before he immigrated to Cache Valley. It is a beautiful old church, I hope that you can go fetch him at the end of his mission.

November 16 at 11:50am ·  ·  · See Friendship


    • Todd Eliason How awesome is that! I will be sure and tell him when we email him Sunday night! Uncle Lynn gave us some information on William Brenchley and Caroline Weller, but they lived in the County of Kent, closer to London. Thanks for sharing! This will just add to Cody's love for the people of England!

After telling Elder E about this connection last week, we got a postcard from him of the Manchester Cathedral (see below) with the following inscription on the back:

Wow! two hours after you told me about the Manchester Cathedral I found a postcard about it in Picadilly. I love finding out that family ties run through my mission boundary! I am so lucky to be in such a richly filled mission of church history. This area truly saved the church, sending 5,000 members from Liverpool to Nauvoo... Read about! Amazing!

I don't know what else to say, so I'll give you some of my "favorites" at the moment:
  • Favorite Hymn: Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy
  • Favorite Scripture: Moroni 9:6 (Got work to do!)
  • Favorite "new" food: Corners Yogurt or crumpets 
  • Favorite talk: Tie between Let Us Be Men (Elder Christofferson) and The Grandeur of God (Elder Holland)
  • Favorite Book of Mormon Chapter: Alma 29 or Mosiah 14
  • Favorite European Car: Volkswagen Scirocco
  • Favorite Movie: Finding Faith in Christ
  • Favorite Bible Chapter: 1 Corinthians 2
  • Favorite Bible Scripture: Luke 12:34
  • Favorite D&C Scripture: Section 127: 2-4 and 138: 56-57
One of my favorite quotes lately comes from a title of a talk given by Joseph B. Wirthlin "Come What May and Love It!"
Perspective is so key! What could get us down when we have the knowledge of the true church? Not much! The hope of Israel gladdens every heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment