Cody portrait

Cody portrait

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August 10, 2010


We got the following letter today from Cody, written last Wednesday:

Well first off... I'm sorry you had to get like half an e-mail from me! They are very strict here about email time. Tell Haley, Dallin, and Connor I'm so sorry I couldn't respond! I don't even remember all the questions you asked. We were rushed so much and then I just had to start writing. But some things that I wasn't able to tell you about...


Just know that I am doing so good! I love learning more about missionary work every day! This place just gets you fired up to go out and share what you love! The only bad thing is we can't yet. I just want to get out of here and start! I would compare it to sitting in the bullpen, knowing you can play and just wanting to get in the game. But I guess we will get our little preview this Friday when we head into Manchester!

But that's not to say I'm some really "spiritual" wiz  now. I'm learning so much and my testimony is growing. But we are having so much fun too! We play basketball during exercise, and have a blast. Me and this kid Elder Bowlers are great friends. Feels like we have known each other forever. He's not the most athletic person in the world but is hilarious... we have our fun, and our spiritual time as well.
The spirit is unreal here at the MTC. Whenever we are watching a talk or bearing testimony, it's overwhelming. I just love it.


People say the first three months are the hardest part, and then it gets way better. If this is the worst part then I'm going to be alright. It's not too hard now. I found out the more time and effort you put in makes it a lot more worth it. If you have the mindset of complaining and thinking about home... it's just a drag to go on... but that doesn't go to say I don't miss and think about ALL of you! I want to be home chilling with you guys and swimming all day long... but this is my place to be, and I'm so grateful and excited for this opportunity!!!


Just be patient with me emailing and writing you. I will try and get out as much as I can.

Lastly... it's really weird and cool to be in another country. I'm already learning new words and about things they do here in England. I also have two German roommates, one that can speak English and one that can’t. I'm always asking questions about how they do what we do in Germany. It's fascinating to hear. They also have an amazing spirit about them... even though I can't understand them.


Just know that I know I'm in the right place and that I love this work!!


LOVE YOU ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment