Cody portrait

Cody portrait

Monday, May 16, 2011

The Little Things Matter...

At Zone Conference I ran into my trainer, Elder Moss (to my right). To my left is my trainee Elder Corbin.



HIYA!

Weeks are flying by! I cannot believe school is almost out and Dallin had a birthday...

But this week was fabulous. It started off unbelievably with the Mission Conference up in my hometown (Wythenshawe), that you got a picture of. How great are the Bullocks!

But the mission conference was a great experience, one that I will remember for a long time. President and Sister Bullock spoke, then Elder and Sister Packer spoke soon after. Sister Packer really touched on some topics that have been ringing in my mind all week. Some quotes I took from here talk were..  "The Lord is in the details", and "don't let the little things trip you up." Each of these statements have reinforced to me the importance of the "little things". 

Leaving the flat 2 minutes late, filling in half of the back-up plans are just some examples of ways we can look over the "little things" which in contrast are very big and influential things. If we break one rule, we can justify to break another.

Elder Packer stood up to the pulpit and simply said, "Lets have a Q and A session." So we did, we fired questions, and he definitely answered. It was a learning experience for all of us. When we would ask a question, he would answer and use it as a topic to teach us something. So all in all it was like 30 talks squeezed into one. It was great. One thing that stood out to me was when he said "The Mission President receives revelation on where you serve... It's up to you to receive the revelation on why you have been called to serve there."

Elder Gallacher (our Assistant) and I were tracting in the late evening and came to the house of Ollie. We QGC'd him at the door and asked to come in. He reluctantly accepted and invited us into his room. We were able to teach him about the Book of Mormon, and then very early on commit him to baptism. When we hit him with that commitment he really understood the importance of the message we were sharing. I again am grateful to be a missionary at a time where we invite to baptism in the first lesson. It makes all the difference... Ollie's lessons have since fallen through. But I know we made who we are, and what is expected of us clear for him in the future.

Kirsty is still in Liverpool...aka the blessed land of the UK.... She has had to stay some extra time because of a friend, but has been in contact with us making sure that we come see her on Wednesday.. She is still going very good.

We have been teaching a kid by the name of Tom recently. He is 17 and lives up in Dyserth, which hugs the mountain range behind us here in Rhyl. We taught him the Plan of Salvation this past Saturday. It was a great lesson where he really understood everything. He is our second most progressing investigator at the moment..

Now that I have been out for a little bit now I have really been able to gain a testimony of "Preach My Gospel." President Bullock has instilled in us the importance of it. He always explains to us that we should revere it as scripture. Knowing it has been written by the Apostles and First Presidency. Elder Bednar has challenged us to "become Preach My Gospel, and not just merely know it."

I can say that it has helped me learn to become a greater tool in the Lords hand by knowing how to work "smarter" and not "harder," while also giving me an understanding of my purpose as a missionary. One of my favourite lines is "As your understanding of the atonement of Jesus Christ grows, your desire to share the gospel will increase." I know that to be true because it has happened to me. People need to know about these things! And when I have felt the magnitude of the gospel and the responsibility that I have to make it known, I have no option but to work hard! Thats the same for members! How's your missionary work going?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY D! 

Love Love, Love

Elder Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment