Cody portrait

Cody portrait

Monday, February 14, 2011

Hello Again from Liva-pooh!

Familia!

Hello again from Liva-pooh!

This week has been another great one! I say that every week but it's true!

We have been teaching a lot of Chinese people this week, it's the greatest thing!  They are the most humble people around! And I cant help but improve my Chinese.

Update on Darren and Nathan:

Well we've seen Darren once this week, he is still solid. We watched "The Testaments" and he loved it!  I thought I hadn't seen it but I vaguely remember watching it in a theatre in Salt Lake some years ago? (Mom remind me)...The only problem is it's just hard to get ahold of him to see him more.
Nathan has moved into a new flat with his16 year old girlfriend...haven't heard from him since.

One miracle we saw this week was the finding of a man named Patrick. We have been praying for our investigators to progress, and we ended up finding Patrick, who was taught by missionaries in London all the way up to the Law of Tithing. He had to move just before his baptism and lost contact with the missionaries. What a miracle! We dated him for the first week of March. He is from Nigeria, plays for the Liverpool University Football (soccer)team and is an avid NFL fan. Good pick up!

Recently we have been using a lot of "Recently Converted" Chinese members to fellowship with us. I am blown away each time they bear testimony. They come from a background that is very different from ours and England's, and through the gospel we have become united in one amazing cause.. Wu, a recent convert, gave a talk in sacrament meeting and he stole the show. In somewhat broken English he relayed to all of us his simple, pure and powerful testimony. He explained how he now understands his marriage and see's life in a different view. The Chinese people are just amazing!

Speaking of different cultures. Everytime I talk to someone on the street from a different country I write it down in my planner. I'm now at 82 different countries..Some being Iceland, Kurdish, Afghanistan, Chad, Bangladesh, Yemen, Mauritius, South Korea...

One thing I have been studying this week is the symbolism of Light/Darkness. It talks about it a lot in the scriptures, and I loved what I found. Check out Moses 7:26 then compare it to1 Nephi 12:17 then look at 1 Nephi 17:13. We are here in England bringing the light to help those know the way to the "promise land" or "eternal life"...but not just that we bring true happiness that comes now and understanding of this life and a knowledge of eternal families. I know what we share is true!

On to another week!

LOVE,

Elder Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment