Cody portrait

Cody portrait

Monday, June 11, 2012

"Many people call the New York area the 'Cradle of the Restoration', I say the cradle lies here in the lands of Manchester, Liverpool, Preston... the England Manchester Mission." -- Elder Kerr of the Seventy

Heya!

Well, it's only been a couple of days since I last wrote, so I'll try to muster out a couple things...

As for the couple of things that have happened in the past couple of days...

We had a great Zone Leader Council this past Friday with many new Zone Leaders that added a lot of new dynamic experience. We also had one dynamic individual join us, that being Elder Kerr of the Seventy. He took the morning and taught us by principle and by personal experience, and most of all through the scriptures. I have now seen a couple General Authorities come through here, and every single one teaches thoroughly from the scriptures. They teach while teaching. Whilst teaching us principles of the Gospel, they teach us through actions the importance of letting the scriptures answer the questions. It is incredible to witness and inspires you to know and understand the scriptures more. 


One of the comments he made, made me quite proud. He said something to the terms of "Many people call the New York area the 'Cradle of the Restoration', I say the cradle lies here in the lands of Manchester, Liverpool, Preston... the England Manchester Mission."  I must say that I too am partial to this area. Not only to me is it 'The Cradle of the Restoration', but to me it is where I found the bedrock of my testimony. Needless to say, I will always be partial!


Everything else that we have been doing is just preparations for trainings, some meetings, and church. This week we have two Zone Conferences to attend, and then we have a couple exchanges. 


Scriptures of the week:

Revelation 12:10-11


10 - "And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ; for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night."

11 - "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."


How did we get from the pre-earth life to where we are now? "By the blood of the Lamb" and by our testimony of Him. How incredible comforting that is as a missionary.  We are not here to instill something that has never burned within, but to kindle the fire that they do not know is there. There are hopeful contacts everywhere!

Have a great week!


Love,
Elder Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment