Cody portrait

Cody portrait

Monday, February 13, 2012

"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."

4 Generations! - (From left to right) Elder Moss (my trainer), yours truly, Elder Corbin (my greenie), and his greenie

Here's Maurice (middle), who will be getting baptized Feb 25th. I will be going back to Swinton for the baptism.

Hello Family!

I had no idea that Dallin had already put his papers in? Wow, that is

good news that he should be getting his call this week. I get two
picks.. He is either going to Argentina, or Ghana. OR... he's coming
to England Manchester, and I will train him in my last transfer...

Well these past couple of days have just been a lot of meetings and

moving people around, I’ll give you the highlights:

Elder Boswell and Elder Ringwood, two of my good friends out here were

featured on the "One Show" this past Thursday.  The show was talking
about Mitt Romney, and then featured a segment going more into what
Mormons are, and in specific LDS missionaries. You can have a look by
going to lds.org.uk.

Even though the election is going on in the States, we are still

getting chatted up a lot about Mitt Romney.  It has been a great for
us, as it has created more interest into what we believe.

Elder Cunningham invited Elder Nielson, Elder Boswell, Elder Smart,

and I to eat with him and his family in Manchester when they came to
pick him up. It was great to meet them and to hear that fresh
American accent again. Dad, Elder Cunningham's mom commented on how
she appreciated you upholding the blog.

In the Preston Zone, we have five missionaries that are training. That

is a massive amount. We haven’t had this many new missionaries in the
mission since my group of 18 came in. We will be able to go on
exchanges with each of them this transfer, and we hope to "pass down
the culture" that we have learned as we have been here. I still
remember my first exchange and the impact that it played on my life,
let alone mission.

Church yesterday, was a sight to see. The recent converts pretty much

ran the service. We had Way Dee (a Chinese recent convert baptised by
Elder Moss, and Fawcett) give a talk, bless the sacrament, and teach
gospel principles. Then there was another recent convert of November
who taught Elders Quorum. It is exciting to see the growth that is
coming into the lives of these new members.

As for our teaching pool, we are currently in the rebuilding stage.

We are going to be doing a lot of finding this week and seeking new
investigators. I must tell you that I love these kinds of times on my
mission. I love the challenge that is set when you walk into an area
like this. I know that they are people that are waiting to accept
what we have. But I also know that "faith precedes the miracle," and
now is the time that we prove ourselves worthy to be able to teach.
So now it's down to mighty prayer, diligence, obedience and then
the Lord will provide. In His time, and in His own way.

Quotes of the week:

"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."

One of the greatest leadership/relationship principles in the world.
"The purpose of the gospel is to transform common creatures into
celestial citizens, and that requires change."
- Dallin H. Oaks

Whilst on my mission I have come to know just how true that it is.
This life is a time to prepare to meet God, or a time to "become"
and help others to do the same.

I know that there is a God in heaven who knows me perfectly, and see's

what I can "become." He has given me and all of you the opportunity
to get to know him with more clarity, by restoring the fullness of
Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Earth. Jesus Christ lives and leads
this latter day work. The Book of Mormon is inspired of God and is
another witness of the love that God has for all of his children. I
love being a missionary, and the time that I have to testify of this
message to the people of England.

Love you all!


Elder Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment